Tuesday, September 04, 2007

a very dry tahoe



This is a picture of Eagle Falls located behind Vikingsholm castle in Lake Tahoe's beautiful emerald bay. Hmm, where's the water? Anyhow, over labor day weekend, 11 of us took a kayaking trip to the boat in campground in emerald bay state park. First of all, it took about an hour to pack everything onto the kayaks carefully covered in garbage bags, then we headed out to the bay. We saw motor boats and jet skis galore which gave us a bunch of rocky fun wake. Everyone was hungry by the time we got to the bay so we headed straight to the campground. The campsites were way better than what I was expecting. Beautiful scenery, bear lockers, garbage cans, and potable water. As you can tell, I wasn't expecting much. We also had a swarm of yellow jackets nearby for excitement. Poor christina got stung though.

After setting up camp, I lost all energy and just wanted to sit around. I got persuaded to go into the very cold water and swim around. It was fine once you went numb... We saw a sign later that said "extremely cold water". Heh. It was a pretty busy campground with boats parked in the waters in front - we even ran into Phil F. from stanford. That night we walked up to the point and watched the fireworks in south lake tahoe and stargazed for a bit. I gotta say that was some of the warmest camping I've done in a long long while and I loved it.

1 comment:

DrYuen2005 said...

Next year let's do the same thing, but rent a yacht instead.