when I step outside. The minute I arrived saturday morning and saw the gray dark skies, I immediately felt like curling up in bed and going to sleep. I could very well imagine everyone turning into a hermit living there. But no, as we drove across bridges, I saw crazy cyclists biking around wearing a gazillion layers. I was in Seattle this last weekend visiting M who with her brother was throwing a fancy holiday party at the Westin. Sat night, we hit a really cool sports bar in downtown called Fox sports bar. It had the most perfectly placed tvs everywhere in the restaurant (plus a 2 hr wait but at least there were seats at the bar). We were there for the U of W vs Gonzaga game which had sad results for the people in the group.
Sunday, M and I supported the local economy by shopping for really nice looking workout clothes despite us not working any longer these days due to laziness. At least it will guarantee one day of exercise maybe this month. To try on the outfits I mean.
The dinner at the Westin was about 100 people and a buffet of Indian food. mmmm. Taste certified by the mehtas beforehand of course. Since M's brother is an oncologist, I encountered more doctors than I have ever have in my life. Also lawyers. Basically it would have been a good meet market if these doctors weren't all married and didn't live in Seattle. Of course, M and her brother noticed that I ended up sitting at the same table as one of the few single doctors they invited who also happened to be Chinese and were convinced I should go pursue him (M was sort of drunk at the time when making these wild suggestions). They didn't seem to believe my comment that I had a hard time understanding what he was saying should be any sort of deterrent. Heh. It was a fabulously elegant dinner plus had a great bartender at the open bar (I gotta say amaretto lemon drops are fabulous). Annual tradition M? please?
No comments:
Post a Comment