I've been getting some flak from friends for being too harsh on my setups. After complaining about the dude who babbles, one of my friends questioned how good I am in chit/chat and maybe the guy was just nervous. After I complained about the boring topics we talked about, my friends questioned what topics would I have preferred to talk about instead. Ok fine. I admit it. I'm a horrible person. I can't help being hypercritical - also when you all ask me how my setup was this weekend, if I said it was fine but it probably wouldn't work out, wouldn't that just be a boring answer?
So as you probably guessed I met the auditor guy this weekend in LA. My dad who is scary was so bothered that he wouldn't get to meet him that he apparently made the guy's parents be sure to bring him along to meet him a few weeks ago. That poor guy. That's awful. At least I didn't have to meet his parents. I did confirm with my parents that the guy lives with his parents which isn't that uncommon according to usatoday. But my parents assured me that his parents have said they would make sure to visit Taiwan more once their son is married. Uh, I guess the parents don't see their son moving out when he gets married. lovely.
Anyhow, I met the guy (D) at Yankee Doodles (a sports bar) on 3rd street promenade in Santa monica. I figured if the conversation got boring, we could watch the various march madness games plus there is good shopping around there. We unfortunately got seated at a table right under the screens and since he couldn't see the tv too well, he moved his chair right next to mine. I had to shift away a little so that we didn't knock elbows or invade each other's personal space too much. Overall, I can't tell you much about how dinner was. We were both kind of distracted by the UCLA game and he told me some stories of college life. I tried to get back on track with the getting to know each other questions by asking him what he liked to do on the weekends. I got a really weird answer back: "Oh, well I've lived here so long so it's not like I would go to disneyland or anything and I've been to the beach and it's not all that". He then listed all the potential places that he would/could go hang out at in LA. It was lengthy. And not really the answer I was looking for unless of course his hobby is driving around LA. Then I guess it would be fitting.
So overall the evening wasn't torturous but it wasn't scintillating either. I'll be nice and not comment publicly on his appearance, let's just say when my dad showed me his picture, I immediately realized that I didn't really have to spruce myself up that much.
No comments:
Post a Comment