Sunday, April 03, 2005

In mourning

I just discovered that my parents donated all my books that were at their house to the library when they moved. On the one hand, I'm happy they have a good home but I'm incredibly sad to not have them around anymore. What if i wanted to read that CIV book one more time? Pore through some greek classics.... or read some radical modern chinese fiction for that asian studies class. Notice that I can't remember the names or authors of any of these books. Maybe I'm more bummed because I'm looking for some bedtime reading and can't find any of my romance books around. I think I even had some books that were on my "keeper" list. Meaning I bought them again for the express purpose of keeping them and re-reading them. My mom's first reaction when I asked her where all my books went was "Haven't you read them all?". True, but with my poor memory I can re-read endlessly, esp the good ones. Alas, I'll have to replace my keeper books... if I can remember what they were...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no more updates?