Saturday, May 15, 2021

Portola Camping

I crammed all the camp trips in May/June to avoid fire season. it worked but meant for some chillier days/nights.

I booked sites 8 and 10 which were quite nice and flat. This was above the creek and I don't think there was official access points to the creek.



We went with Andrew/Anabel's family again and normally portola means biking Old Haul Road but it was still partially closed due to wildfires. So instead we decided to try a long hike and we hit a new record for longest hike ever though this was up and over which meant a pretty difficult uphill on the way back.


It was super shady and cold which was good for a hike and we passed the backpacking site at the top which actually looked really nice. It even had a vault toilet which is luxury for backpacking.



We don't usually do much on the second day of camping except head home but we squeezed in a small hike to TipTop Falls. I think Charles felt tricked as he thought this was a 1 mile hike.


No comments: