Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Quarantine goals

Soon after we started WFH, my exercising ramped up as a social activity for friends and coworkers. Doing YT video workouts worked surprisingly well and I also set some personal goals for myself in Yoga. One was to finally figure out how to do a headstand and conquer crow pose. I watched a few YouTube videos on both. Especially for crow since I felt like I just needed to figure out the trick around it.

I'm happy to report tremendous progress with headstand once I started taking video. I thought I was doing it correctly until one day in class, the teacher pointed out that I was doing the pose wrong. I then took a video and realized I looked like this! What was weird was when I was in this pose, I actualy did feel I had my feet straight up in the air. So it was then going back to the wall and I sucked in my core more and tried to straighten.


Later attempts started looking a little better once I used the wall as backup but I felt a bit wobbly as well. What you don't see is that I kept falling back to the wall and had to use the wall to readjust. I did eventually realize that a lot of this was core. If I tried to straighten out my core, it got me straight up and down better. I think I could still be less curved but not sure how to fix that yet.



As to how crow is going, I am definitely making progress and can hold it a few seconds now. I should take a video of that next.

No comments: