Sunday, November 24, 2019

Tokyo Day 7 (Odaiba)

The kids were a little sad about missing Legoland so I used that as a threat/bribe to keep them in line and also found a coupon on Klook. Turns out there are large discounts be had if you book your tickets at least 3 days ahead of time. It was still an okay discount if you buy the tickets the night before so we headed back to Odaiba. The weather was clearer today but the train was super packed so we didn't get to sit. We went all the way to the Toyota Megaweb which was free and also had cars the kids could drive. But we got there only to discover the car racing area was closed! Agh. But they were having some sort of event so we saw some Taiko performances. They also had a VR driving station which had no line and was free and the exhibits were interesting. We even watched a short movie of car manufacturing though they tried to dissuade us from entering since it was all in Japanese (it is normally a VR movie).

Toyota History Garage
So near here was the Mori Teamlabs Digital Art Museum which was ranked as the #1 thing to do. But I read many reviews about the lines and it looked like getting there early was a must and the thoughts of crowds etc turned me off again. So I did a little research after this trip and turns out there was a temporary exhibit from teamlabs in Menlo Park a few years ago. It does seem like an interesting concept but I was a bit wary at the time.

After visiting the Toyota Megaweb, we went into the VenusFort mall next door and checked out the Toyota history garage. It was really cool I have to admit.

We grabbed lunch in the mall and the one thing that we noticed in Tokyo were a ton of pet stores. Mostly of little dogs and cats. Probably purebreeds since they all seemed to cost a lot of money? The kids went crazy for them though.


After lunch we headed over to Legoland - I was starting to get to know this area really well. On the walk across the plaza, the kids found a rock area with steam coming out of vents. Not quite sure what it was but it sure was interesting.

Playing in the steam


Now it was time for Legoland and I made Charles come in too. It was really small but our kids are easily entertained it seemed and were happy with everything they saw. We did do every ride and the laser shooting ride that was a lot like the Disney Toy Story Ride had no line when we went there around 4pm. Even the lego playground had a bit of a line but since the kids were able to get in and I was able to sit on a bench and zone out, I was fine with that.

Lego world
Harry Potter ride - this went up in the air

No comments: