We got a taxi from the Hyatt to the Tokyo Station Hotel since we had a lot of luggage and it was raining. The outside of the hotel wasn't that fancy since it was just part of the train station. We dropped off luggage and then headed to the JR office to exchange the JR Pass and make seat reservations. The line for the JR East Office was quite long - we saw another office across the foyer that had no line and some people headed there and were able to do their reservations it seemed but we stuck it out in our line. While in line, I made the decision to not go to Onomichi any longer which is where we were going to go for biking and instead just go to Osaka. I was pretty scarred from the cold and wet day we had yesterday and wanted more indoor options in case the weather turned. For the day we wanted (Tuesday), the early trains didn't have empty rows so we got a 10:30 AM train. We also booked our return train reservations from Kyoto.
After that, it was still rainy so I decided to have us go to Odaiba again which had a lot of indoor options for kids. It was a pretty crowded train and stormy outside so we didn't get to look outside much. We went to the diver city mall and the kids immediately said they were hungry and we actually found a conveyor belt sushi place which they were excited about.
The divercity mall was full of claw machines which the kids really wanted to play but every 100 yen coin I gave them was just wasted because they were confused by the controls.
![]() |
| Claw machine heaven |
After lunch, we walked across the street to Legoland but when we saw the prices, charles said he would just wait outside. And then while I was waiting in line, I realized I didn't want to be in there with just the 2 kids so I got them out of line. We then went upstairs in the mall which had super interesting things to see and headed to the Trick Art Museum. But then I saw the line and I was tired of having to wait for everything in Japan. Grr. So we skipped it as well - I may have been getting tired at this point. We walked around a little more and then just headed back to the hotel. Our luggage was already delivered to our room. I had booked a junior suite for all 4 of us which gave us 2 double beds and a sofa area. These were the smallest double beds I had ever seen but I had an idea it would be due to the reviews I saw. The room itself had high ceilings and was quite nice. Also all the toiletries were Bulgari, they even had full shaving cans.
![]() |
| Tokyo Station Hotel junior suite |
The best part about the Tokyo Station hotel was that the Tokyo Main Train Station was chock full of stores and restaurants so we headed there for dinner and didn't even have to go out in the rain. We headed to Ramen Street. We just picked a random place since it was hard to distinguish - I tried to prep by reading about it beforehand but when we were there, it was hard to tell which place was which. Still quite tasty though.
That night, I convinced Hannah to sleep on the sofa and requested an extra blanket for her. The great thing about these fancy places was the service. I called down and someone came up right away with it. Then I shared a bed with Christopher and Charles got his own.
Jocelyn asked me later if it was hard to share a room with the kids since Tokyo hotels were so small. My response was I always got 2 rooms or paid a lot to have a big room. Nice accommodations make a trip for me so they are one of the things I enjoy researching the most.



No comments:
Post a Comment