![]() |
| Cross marin trail |
We encountered a short steep hill on the way into Olema and then Charles and I headed over to checkin and then to Pt Reyes Station to have lunch at Station House Cafe where we gorged on lots of fatty food.
After lunch was the big climb up Limantour and the weather was pretty hot at this point so I was imagining torture and pain. I also realized this was the way to the pt reyes hostel though that is an even more difficult climb because if you stay at the hostel, there is an even more painful climb the next day. Luckily the climb wasn't as bad as I thought because it turned out to be shaded thank goodness or else I would have died. We turned off at Sky Trailhead and it was another 1.5 miles on dirt to the campground. This part involved a lot of walking the bike due to the bumpiness and steepness of the trail.
We were at campsite #11 which had the best view but very little shade and since we arrived at 3pm in the heat of the day, it was a bit unbearable. We ended up retreating to campsite 12 to sit in their shade for a while but what bothered us the most was all the bugs. We ended up setting up the tent and hiding in there. One of the things that we still haven't figured out when backpacking is how to sit and relax when we get to our campsite. Sitting on the dirt or picnic table just doesn't cut it. Maybe we need to find more crazy backpacking gear...

No comments:
Post a Comment