Then there is this blog which will also overlap with my facebook updates but I can expound in more detail. So apologies if you see the same pictures on all 3 places. So today we took babyH swimming at this indoor swim center in palo alto. I really didn't know how it would go timing wise since they have a 25 minute lesson every 30 minutes starting at 9:30 and we only have a 90 minute window where she is awake and not cranky (and part of that window would involve feeding and changing). So I guess it was good that she had the most disruptive night of sleep last night (I knew when I said she was sleeping awesomely that it would come back to bite me in the ass). But because of her many wakeups, she ended up sleeping in until 9am. I raced around getting everything together the moment she woke up to try and make the 10am class. What took the most time was putting on the 3 layers of butt protection that is required for public pools (not that anyone was checking). We got there with 10 minutes to spare and got to watch the class before us. It was super steamy and warm in the pool area and tons of parents were sitting around watching as well which was good (C was afraid he would get arrested for standing around taking pictures).
BabyH was the youngest one there though I think I am really bad at figuring out a baby's age. One dad next to me asked how old H was and then said his baby was 15 months. I guess I really should be looking at how good the head control is and how alert the baby looks to judge. Also later in the lesson, they had some babies crawling on a floating pad or standing and jumping off. So baby swim lessons are like gymboree (or what I imagine gymboree is like) in water. We go around in a circle singing songs and throwing the baby in the air periodically. BabyH occasionally got splashed in the face (the other kids were vigorously kicking) and that seemed to disturb her a little. But overall she seemed okay with the water. Not crying but not laughing either. Just swimming around with a very concerned look on her face. 20 minutes into the lesson though she was starting to meltdown so I rushed her out and into the shower and changed her back into her diaper and clothes. The timing was great though since her 90 minute clock ran out the minute we got in the car and she promptly passed out for her nap.
It's kind of crazy how exhausting it is to go out for something like this that really is only 30 minutes of activity. I'm not quite sure we'll go back until she's a little older and can stay awake for a little longer.
And now for the obligatory picture:
No comments:
Post a Comment