Thursday, July 14, 2011

huddart park

We're planning a trip to crater lake this summer but that whole trip is contingent on babyH being carried in the Ergo. So we decided to go hiking last weekend to test it out but unfortunately putting her in it at home the day before resulted in much much crying. And then it seemed like it may be too warm so we just brought the jogging stroller instead.

I discovered this wonderful stroller hike website since I was getting a little tired of just going to Rancho San Antonio and Hidden Villa everytime we thought about going for a walk. So using this site, I discovered that a bunch of the trails at Huddart park were considered stroller friendly and was 90% shaded. Awesome. So off we went up King's Mountain (C had the idea that he should have biked there and met us but didn't get up early enough to do it) to the park. I gotta say - I LOOOOVE this park. Great picnic facilities, tons of parking and bathrooms. Not crowded at all (probably due to the $6 parking fee). And yes super shady!



The hike we did was around 3 miles. Went up campground trail (encountered a few cars - I didn't realize there would be traffic) to Richards Road trail (super steep downhill), and then right on Crystal Springs trail. All very doable with the jogging stroller. I guess this means we should really try the ergo again this weekend for real though.

No comments: