Wednesday, June 30, 2010

all that baggage

It's crazy these days how much technology I travel with. I had this on my list alone:

gps watch
gps charger
usb cables
cell phone
cell phone charger
kindle
kindle charger
laptop
laptop charger

Notice a pattern there? Then of course I had to decide whether to bring the usb chargers or the wall chargers and then make sure I had all the proper european converters. I also remember back to my first europe trip post college and carrying travel books around but now I figure we have the laptop so we can just decide things later. I can't tell if I feel more prepared or less.

Also the last time we did a bike tour in europe, C and I combined into one checked in baggage for cost savings but this time, the tour company gave us a bonus free bag so we each got our own which has led to me packing a ridiculous amount of stuff. 40 lbs feels kind of heavy even with a roller bag.

But I gotta say that tethering with my cell phone in the airport is freaking awesome so it's all worth it.

No comments: