Thursday, January 25, 2007

Tahoe time

Once again it was a weekend for snow. 11 of us piled into 4 cars and headed to tahoe for the weekend where we go to stay in J's parents' lovely house in truckee. At first we thought it would be a repeat of the cold housing temperatures from last week but it turned out I didn't read directions when I first turned on the heater so we were eventually nice and toasty warm. So it takes a long time for 11 people to get ready and out the door in the morning but A made us delicious blueberry pancakes which we got to savor for longer at least.

At the last minute, we decided to go to sugarbowl once we figured out it had a bigger snowbase. I hadn't skiied with a lot of these folks before but it became clear quickly that I was one of the slower skiiers so I hung back with M's friend C until I made the mistake of taking her down the Disney side which was steeper than anticipated so it became a bit too stressful. Luckily ski patrol came along and helped her put her skis back on.

The group of 11 consisted of former coworkers of mine and misc friends of friends - I had been concerned at first how everyone would click together but I had no worries after everyone stayed up in the wee hours of the night on saturday talking. It felt like college again almost except that some of our topics were about balding and weddings etc. The two not being related. I also discovered that vodka doesn't have that big of an effect on me. I guess I should have realized that sooner.

No comments: