Saturday, February 19, 2005

Fruitful saturday

Gym
---------

So I took my first aerobics class today using one of those BOSU balls. Basically you stand on them and lift weights while trying to balance. Much harder than it would seem. I fell off repeatedly but we'll see tomorrow how well it worked. Later, I shamelessly eavesdropped on these 2 women who were talking about how woman A of the two needed to listen to her needs and get out of the relationship she was in. Women A kept saying to her friend, "but he really is such a nice guy". Boy, I've heard that a lot - from myself too so I knew where she was coming from. This made me wonder if all relationships were just this hard. I feel so cynical now - has the movie and romance industry ruined us with all the idealism and expectations about how wonderful love should be? Love doesn't conquer all - it just might make relationships bearable.

Coffee
---------

I spent the day in starbucks trying to do work because they have wireless there but I realized that it's a bad place to be when a) you're hungry for real food (they really should sell food there!), b) you're cold (i swear they did that on purpose so i would keep buying more hot coffee), and c) you really have to pee (i didn't want to have to pack up my laptop but couldn't leave it out either). Anyhow, a good idea on my part but clearly I planned poorly.

Entertainment
----------

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle is such a great movie. I think that video watching experiences really really depend on who you are watching them with though. I'm so influenced by the people I'm with. If they start making fun of the movie, I just can't enjoy it anymore. But tonight, M and I were in completely in synch with how much we loved this movie. I need a burger now...

Stats for the day
----------------------------
Coffee consumed: 1
Sweets consumed: blueberry cake + milk tea + some weird green tea pound cake (it's been a very diverse day)
Physical health: gym aerobics class
Hours spent IM'ing: low

No comments: