Day 5:
Since we did rent a car, we needed to take advantage of it and I could tell we adults were getting a little antsy with so much lounging time. Hiking on the cook islands did seem a bit wild but I figured we should try to do climb the Needle. The blogs I found on it mostly had people who either took a tour or took a bus to the start so I wasn't sure if there was really parking. I had Charles drive down the road to the hike start but then I told him to stop when we saw a pull off on the side. This made us probably walk an extra .5 mile or so and then it turned out there was a parking lot at the trail head. Oops..
 |
| Start of Trail |
 |
| Climbing up |
 |
| View from the top! |
 |
| Charles went up to the top of the needle but we stayed below |
 |
| Going down was actually super scary |
I had this grand plan to eat at the Mooring Fish Cafe after the hike which was supposed to be the best place to eat on the island but when we got tthere, there was a sign saying closed for 2 weeks for the holidays... So sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment