Sunday, April 08, 2018

Spring break Hawaii

We got another promotional rate at the Westin which required a timeshare presentation and it was a great rate and excuse to go to Maui again so we took it. Unfortunately on the flight over, I left my kindle on the plane and was absolutely crushed by this. My kindle is something I use daily and I had to resort to the kindle app on my phone to continue my reading.

One thing I had been worried about was sharing a hotel room with the kids since the rate was just a standard room. When I got there I asked them about an upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite and since it was available, I threw down more money for the upgrade. It was well worth it just to have food options in unit.

Sunday

Pool time
Westin waterslide

Monday

I scheduled our first ever snorkeling tour which was a combo whale watching and snorkel tour. They took up just up the coast though to the snorkel site but we did see some whales in the distance. The kids were not that excited by the whales. For snorkeling, Christopher freaked out and wouldn't put his face in the water so i just pulled him around on a floatie.

Whale watching snorkel cruise

Tuesday

I moved our timeshare presentation to the morning and then we went for a hike on the coast.




Wednesday 

Beach day where Hannah and Christopher met another dad and son who were making sand sculptures. They had a lot of fun rolling around in the sand but unfortunately in this process, Hannah ruined her swimsuit with the amount of sand that got embedded in. We later met up with Dat and family at the other Westin pool in the afternoon since they were also in Maui that week.

Playing in the surf


Thursday

Charles went for a bike ride on Thursday and we met up with Hannah's preschool friend and family at the aquarium. Mid-day I got a text asking for a rescue though and we went and picked up Charles from Starbucks.

Friday

I had filed a claim with United looking for my kindle with no luck but since we got to the airport early on Friday, Charles asked if I had just called the airline asking. I then tried calling baggage claim directly at the Maui airport and asked if they had it there and turned out they did! Not sure why I dind't check beforehand since I ended up having to exit security to get it and come back but I was so overjoyed to be reunited.






No comments: