Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Colorado keystone

Because we had the Epic Pass this year, we figured we should try to fly somewhere to ski. It turned out to be a lot more work than expected.

Wednesday

We managed to cram 3 sets of skis plus 1 snowboard into the same bag. But that bag was impossible to move and then I worried about how this was going to possibly fit in our car. We got it into the cargo box though but I had to drop off Charles and Hannah with all the luggage at curbside and then park. But parking the car was a bit stressful though between moving Christoper with me with some carryon luggage and then noticing the back of the car was completely open when we were on the parking shuttle so I had to run off with Christopher again. Then I started worrying about our flight time. But we made it but then we had to drive another 2 hours to Keystone and the kids were getting super antsy at this point.

Thursday

We stayed at the Black Bear condos  (#8046) solely chosen by how close it was to the gondola which was great in the morning because I took the kids to ski school and then was able to come back to the condo to finish getting ready myself. Ski school dropoff was interesting b/c they took the kids inside first so I didn't have to get them completely ready. The kids later said they sat inside coloring until it was time for them to go.


Friday

Another day of ski school. We couldn't figure out both days where Christopher did his lessons but on this day, we did see Hannah on the slopes and she seemed to be doing pretty well.

Saturday

We tried to ski with the kids but it was a total failure with Christopher who couldn't go down the green run with us at all so I ended up just taking him back down and Hannah and Charles just went down the long green run one time. After lunch, we checked out the kid center and Hannah went ice skating while I tried to keep warm by the firepit. We saw the daily parade and got cookies which was fun.

At this point, Christopher was still rated a level 2 skiier but Hannah was levelled up to 4 after this trip.

Playground time in the snow!

No comments: