Sunday, May 29, 2016

Day 3: Victoria

The sun finally came out today! Now I know I could never live in Seattle because I was feeling pretty gloomy without it.
The seaside touring route

We headed to CycleBC to rent our bikes. They had told us beforehand not to worry about reserving anything and when we got there, we saw that they had a trailer, child seat and trail-a-bike. I'm not sure if that is all they had but I have this feeling people don't rent child equipment all that often since they didn't seem too familiar on how to adjust all the straps. We decided to try Hannah on the trail-a-bike which was a bit risky since she does tend to fall asleep when biking and we were planning to do about 27k.

Kites
The route was on roads without any bike lanes but somehow it didn't feel too scary because there were others on bikes and the cars weren't driving that fast. It was an awesome route with blue skies and ocean views all around. We made a few stops along the way to breakup the route.

  • At Harrison Yacht Pond where people were driving radio controlled sailboats.
  • A pullout to take in the view
  • Willows Beach to let the kids play on the playground and sand beach. Lots of interesting driftwood
  • Crumbsy's Cafe for lunch which had a ton of toys which let us have some peace.
  • Cloverpoint Park to watch the kites and kitesurfers

Willows beach











A great ride all in all though Hannah kept asking why we didn't bring any sand toys or swimsuits. Alas I was not that prepared.

No comments: