Friday, November 28, 2014

First time at disneyland with both kids


Found this post that I made on disneyland about our first trip to disneyland. We were just there over thanksgiving with a 3.5 and 1.5 year old. And a friend was with us with her 4 year old. Strangely enough, standing in line wasn't too bad. One of us had to hold the toddler all through line and the older kid was fine as well. Lines generally moved pretty fast so even though they are long the fact that you had to keep inching forward distracted them. I think the only thing you can do is snacks if they start getting cranky. I think it helps because in a lot of lines, there are so many things to see around them and there is the general excitement of getting on the ride that keeps them going. I think the only time we had meltdowns was in the afternoon when we stood in line for an hour for space mountain for the older kids. The 4 year old had a meltdown to her mom whining that she couldn't stand or walk any longer. I was a bit afraid my daughter would start going crazy too in solidarity so I broke out some pocky sticks which kept her entertained until we got on the ride. And yes the playground in toontown is awesome. Fenced in and shaded.

No comments: