Friday, October 19, 2012

Baby in daycare

Never seem to have much time/energy to post these days but babyH seems to be settling in at daycare reasonably well these days. Just to make it more difficult for her to adapt, she goes to 2 different daycares because I wasn't able to get fulltime at the work one. At first, I wasn't sure what to think of work daycare because of the lack of structure as compared to wonder years which has a consistent daily schedule. But when I actually looked up the Reggio Emilia method, I realized that was the whole point. Hah. Okay then. Since then, the work daycare has really grown on me (the fact they provide all food also helps). The teacher recently wrote up a long email about babyH and her interactions with the other kids:

"She is starting to engage with the other children more and more and seems to have some ideas of how she would like to interact with them. For now she mostly expresses those ideas through pointing, holding out objects or saying da-da but it has been sweet to watch her interactions and wonder what she might be thinking, wondering and asking."

It's a nice way of saying: Your kid doesn't say many words but sure babbles and points a lot. All in all, she seems to be quite happy at both daycares despite her reluctance to have my leave every morning.

No comments: