I've been without my car for over a month now and it has been a little challenging at times and not so bad at other times. Luckily we live near prime bike riding so we don't usually have to drive anywhere to meet up with friends for a ride. We even did tierra bella bike ride in gilroy due to D's generosity (he came and picked up our bikes). And luckily I had also always believed in shopping locally so my dentist, facial lady, etc are all super close by (I just switched dentists too and when they asked how I came to chose them, I told them proximity). The thing I miss most about not having a car though is the ability to go do errands/shopping when I want to as opposed to having to see if C will take me. I did manage to hit the Summerwinds garden sale by bike and buy some plants but then I saw that blueberry bushes were on sale but I couldn't take one home. (Though I did contemplate for a little bit that i could bungee it on somehow).
I've managed to hang out with some people in my carless state via caltrain but don't take it personally if I'm not inclined to seek you out at the moment. It's just a lot of effort trying to figure out how to get there.
The good news is that the dealer called today saying the part finally shipped from sweden today (delayed due to volcanic ash of course) so maybe I will get my car back tomorrow! And of course in 1 week it is bike to work month so I'm going to try and do a personal record of biking every single day to work. This is made much easier since as of this last Monday, I work in mt view!
But maybe we will still check out some subarus this weekend... just in case.
No comments:
Post a Comment