Saturday, February 20, 2010

Snowy sundance

We're working on taxes this weekend which is incredibly complicated and headache worthy. Just after typing in both our job incomes this year and changing it to joint resulted so far in a large amount of taxes due to the government. Stupid marriage penalty. Hopefully by the time we are done, this number will go down.

I'm taking a break to blog about some trips we took recently while I wait for C to figure out the taxes on his house.

Sundance is our annual trip for the third year running and this year for the first time that it wasn't over MLK weekend. But surprisingly, this year the most number of people ever committed to joining the trip which was shocking. So it was like college where we crammed a ton of people in a place but at least we had air mattresses to make up for it. But also like college, we had a lot of sleep deprivation. Just getting into park city was madness because of the incredible flight delays and snowy conditions driving in. All three of us driving to the condo that night had suvs but it turned out none of the SUVs had 4WD which is kind of ridiculous in utah. The last car got in super late b/c by the time they were driving, the snow had accumulated by a lot and they ended up getting stuck 3 times in the snow. Park city locals were super nice to them though and helped push them out of the snow.

But all that snow meant an awesome ski day at park city. I have never experienced such amazing snow. Then again, I don't think I've fallen that much in a long time but I would just end up tumbling around in the fluffy powder.

Unfortunately, at night we didn't really have any movies because this year it was madness trying to buy movie tickets in advance and the scalpers were going crazy on ebay. But I decided to be crazy and wake up at 6am to go stand in line for day of tickets on Saturday and lo and behold, I found myself standing in line behind SeattleS. I always manage to run into her at sundance every year - so funny. On Monday, I dragged C out with me to stand in line this time and we managed to get 3 movies that day one of which was The kids are all right". I really enjoyed it and almost the entire cast was there!

No comments: