Thursday, January 14, 2010

Shedding excess

So as it happens, I've gained back all the weight I lost for the wedding and then some. Then I saw this article telling me I would be getting even fatter over time essentially. Great.

Of course one of the first tasks after the holiday bulking up was to shop for a BM dress where I had tried on a dress one size up than I normally wear and it felt snug. (Normal dress shop sizes even). They didn't have my normal size in stock but I ordered it online swearing I would get into it no matter what. So maybe I'll look like a little stuffed sausage at J's wedding but I'll be wearing my size damnit.

So when it was suggested that we try the P90X workout regimen with some friends, I jumped on it. We started last sat with the chest and back dvd (which was killer - it was basically pushups followed by pullups. repeat). We just did the Day 6 dvd today which was basically the dude's version of kickboxing. The whole program is one big infomercial - at the end of every dvd, he hawks some protein shakes. What bothered me most was his yoga dvd since he had you go right into full back bends and shoulder stands and those are very injury prone exercises. Also he managed to make yoga extremely boring. I know you are probably thinking "but yoga is boring". Trust me, he managed to bring it to the extremes of boredom. I think I'll be skipping the yoga dvd in the workout and instead go to a real class.

No comments: