Monday, October 02, 2006

the mini reunion

So it was H/I's wedding on Saturday and can you just say Stanford reunion? Too many people to name but all 15 of us went for lunch between the ceremony and the reception and basically took over this crepe restaurant. M from nashville was there and there was much screaming when we saw her. She is exactly the same from college. I gotta say most people haven't changed it seems. One of the most beautiful ceremonies and locations I have ever been to for a wedding (the rotunda at city hall which is.. wow. just unbelievable really. I expected doves to fly out but the choir and trumpets were a nice touch). I started tearing up just from reading the wedding program so yah it was that kind of wedding. What was really funny was when we were standing outside city hall after the wedding waiting for the bride and groom and lo and behold we see these college kids (one wearing a Stanford sweatshirt) and they were on their freshmen scavenger hunt! We got all excited and posed in their picture (their task was to take a picture with a bride/groom but hopefully we were sufficient).

The reception was at the Fairmont. I could just end the sentence there even because you can just imagine what a dinner is like at the Fairmont. But what made it very memorable was the fact that the fire alarm went off right in the middle of the reception. Half the guests left to go outside - i was among the group who refused to believe that we really needed to leave. Just an amazing day.

No comments: