Pretty low key weekend except my body felt a bit tired at the end. Hung with M a bit now that she is back from Japan. yay. Sat, I cycled over to my facial appt in palo alto. I think it was the first time those folks ever had someone bike there. They seemed so confused when I asked them where a bike rack was. They were very kind and let me put my bike inside (well, i figured they would be accomodating considering how much their facials cost). I discovered the Bryant bike boulevard which was amazingly cool. There was even one traffic light that my bike triggered easily to cross Embarcardero. The bike underpass from CA was a bit evil though. They had a bike barrier which an unsuspecting biker could easily kill themselves on.
Sunday I did the Tour de peninsula bike ride with my dragonboat team who are a wide mix of cyclists. We had some people who hadn't ridden in a year and one person who had never ridden their mtn bike which they had won in a raffle. I was sad to not be able to bike with U/W who got in line near the front. We had some late people in our group so got at the very end of the line. I thought we might possibly catch up but I forgot how it was biking in a crowd. I also forgot how it was biking with people ahead of me who meandered wildly and couldn't seem to bike straight. I had some several close calls. This year, I finally switched to lower gears and have started using my granny gear - my body thanks me. Except I was noticing that my bike sometimes had trouble shifting to this gear so there were always a few minutes of pain where i desperately tried to shift to lower gear fruitlessly.
Afterwards, I met up with U/W for some burgers and milkshakes. mmmm. calories.
I also had a previously scheduled massage later that afternoon (spa present for my sister so of course I had to book something for myself as well). I don't think I have ever had my naked ass massaged that vigorously before. ow.
No comments:
Post a Comment