Wednesday, April 23, 2008

bart me

So as a team offsite, we spent the day with Habitat for Humanity building houses near the Daly City bart station. The day itself was fine but the parking situation was problematic. So we all carpooled and since everything near the site was 2 hour only parking, I planned to park at the daly city bart. I totally forgot though that to pay for parking you have to actually buy a bart ticket. So I bought a $5 ticket, went inside to deduct the $2 parking fee and then hoped that it would let me out with that same ticket. Alas, that was not the case. My coworkers told me to just go through the emergency exit door which of course rang an alarm and the bart station agent immediately came running to apprehend me.

I immediately realized that you weren't really perhaps supposed to park at bart unless you were riding bart so I gave the station agent this long story of how we weren't going to ride bart right now per se. But we'll be riding it later and how I just went in to pay for parking etc. Luckily he bought it after some more rambling and I got to add to my collection of not really usable bart tickets that I own. So I was all happy during the day that I wasn't like other people who parked on the city streets who would occasionally go check on their car to make sure it wasn't ticketed or towed but then I went back to my car in the bart parking lot. And of course I found a parking ticket. AGH. Turns out I had accidentally parked in a reserved parking only spot (the sign had been hidden behind a big suv). All 4 of us in the car had missed the sign clearly.

So I guess I should have perhaps taken my chances on the streets...

No comments: